TAKE PART IN THE NIKON EUROPEAN FILM FESTIVAL
Whether you’re an enthusiast or a film professional, this is your chance to win the Grand Prix of a Nikon D810 film kit plus a trip to the Cannes Film Festival. Enter by submitting a short film of up to 140 seconds filmed in HD on any device.
THE CHALLENGE: MAKE AN EVERYDAY MOMENT MEMORABLE
Turning an everyday moment into a compelling narrative requires a level of observation native to good storytellers and filmmakers. It means seeing the ordinary with new eyes, reflecting daily life with a different perspective. What your story is about and how you tell it is up to you, but it must be clearly inspired by an everyday moment. It's as simple as that: pick a moment from daily life and go make a film. We want you to express your creativity, so our theme is simple and straightforward, letting you tell your story in your own style. We want to see how you can take the mundane and make it memorable on screen.
Find out more about the festival here.
KEEP THESE COMPETITION RULES IN MIND:
1. Any participant under the age of 18 must provide parental authorisation upon qualifying.
2. Submissions open 13/10/2015 and close 1/2/2016
3. Your film is between 30 and 140 seconds, in a HD (High Definition) format, shot on any device
4. Your film's privacy settings on YouTube or Vimeo must be set to Public.
5. You must have shot the film and own its usage rights, as well as any soundtrack(s) used.
6. Your film must contain no nudity, profanity, or any content that may be considered offensive.
7. Your film may not have won an award at any other film festival.
8. The uploaded videos shall follow the theme: a different perspective on an everyday moment.
9. You must live in one of the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Vatican City